The Christian Hope International for the Poor and Needy is to connect people around, working together, invest in the lives of vulnerable women, children, and youth to facilitate the social and economic independence of the under-privileged, thus equipping them to participate meaningfully in the nation building process.
The Christian Hope International for the Poor and Needy Foundation
- The Organization is to empower underprivileged to identify their endowed talents and utilize them for social and economic benefit for themselves and others in the country.
- The organization seeks to promote the social and economic advancement of the citizenry and encourage them to embrace and develop their self-esteem to a nationally acceptable level.
- The organization also seeks to ensure the provision of holistic healthcare delivery and the adherence to personal hygiene by the citizenry
A Brief History
It was an organization started by two people (Mr. Bernard Boamah & Mrs. Mary Agyei Boamah) later joined by two sisters (Ms. Naomi Akowua & Ms. Adwoa Anima) who had the desire to help the poor and needy (extreme poverty) in the rural areas in the year 2015. In May 2016, a group of personnel from an NGO called The Christian Hope, from USA by Ms. Lydia Gyesiwaa, who brought some items to be donated to the poor and needy to some of the rural areas in Ashanti Region called Okaikrom, Attakrom, Odurokrom and Senkyi in the Effiduase-Asokore District.
The group then collaborated with the team in Ghana as mentioned above to embark on the donation exercise. After the programme, it became necessary to officially form an NGO and as result the name “Christian Hope International for the Poor and the Needy (CHIPN)” was proposed and accepted by the group.
The organization, Christian Hope International for the Poor and the Needy (CHIPN) was dully registered in 7th November, 2017 and has been in operation till date. CHIPN has visited eleven (11) rural communities including:
- Effiduase-Asokore District
- New Koforidua
- Duampompo at Juaben District
- Manso-Ankam at Manso-Nkwanta District
- Agroesum at Manso-Nkwanta District.
The Organization identified a family at Tafo-Nhyieso community suffering from eye-impaired, cripple-person, and hunch-back and other challenges received some donations from CHIPNs at Old Tafo Municipality, whilst Children Ward at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, Kumasi, also received dozens of the items. CHIPN presented all these donations (in terms of materials/items, cash and others) effects from January 2018 to November 2019. The programmes are on-going as scheduled.